Saturday, July 14

Me and my Lucid Dream self

This photo of one of my little hand altered, embellished dolls reminds me of my self when I realize I am dreaming.  Usually I look into a mirror in my dream and realize that the image I see isn't really me.  Then I have the power to "edit" my dream world. 

"Unreasonable fear can be defused by facing up to the source, or going through with the frightening activity, so that you observe that no harm comes to you. In a nightmare, this act of courage can take any form that involves facing the "threat" rather than avoiding it. For example, one young man dreamt of being pursued by a lion. When he had no place left to run, he realized he was dreaming and called to the lion to "come and get him." The challenge turned into a playful wrestling match, and the lion became a sexy woman (NightLight 1.4, 1989, p. 13). Monsters often transform into benign creatures, friends, or empty shells when courageously confronted in lucid dreams. This is an extremely empowering experience. It teaches you in a very visceral manner that you can conquer fear and thereby become stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words and wit are very much appreciated.