Wednesday, April 28

Southwest Souls

Southwestern...
Kaboodle
Southwestern... by weirdoddities

Southwest colors such as turquoise, blue, silver, bronze and amber have always had a special place in my heart paired of course with a good (or bad) dose of black. This beaded necklace lariat was hand strung into an extra long length which can be also used as a belt. The story behind the piece is that the beads themselves chose to be together. I put a lot of beads together and then I poured out a number of them thinking that whatever those were would be the only type of beads I would use. So putting one of each kind in an old bottle and then taking those that poured out first to design the necklace. I had red beads in the bottle and bright yellow, but none of these poured out. Fate decided the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words and wit are very much appreciated.